Helping You Call It Home
Gulf Winds Assistance Grants can help you reduce the principal on your loan or assist with down payment and closing costs. Let us help move you forward so you can move on in!
Call us at 850.479.9601 to learn more.
Gulf Winds offers grants of $5,000 to $15,000 for eligible borrowers on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Household income must be at or below 80% of the county area median income, or the state median family income, adjusted for family size as published by HUD
- Homebuyers are required to contribute a minimum of $1,000 and attend a designated homebuyer counseling program
- If you own and occupy the home for at least five years, you do not have to pay back the grant. If you move or sell the home before five years then you will be required to pay back the funds
First-Time Homebuyer Grant
Assistance up to $12,500 for:
- Individuals who have had no ownership in principal residence during the 3-year period ending on the date of purchase of property
- Individuals who have only owned a principal residence not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation in accordance with applicable regulations
- Individuals who have only owned a property that was not in compliance with state, local or model build codes and which cannot be brought into compliance for less than the cost of constructing a permanent structure
- Individuals who are displaced homemakers and have only owned with a spouse
- Single parent who has only owned with a former spouse while married
Community Partner Grant
Assistance up to $15,000 for currently employed or retired:
- First Responders - Law enforcement officers, firefighters, EMTs
- Healthcare workers
- Active-duty U.S. military, veterans or their surviving spouses
- COVID-related essential workers
Subject to credit approval. Grants offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Gulf Winds Credit Union NMLS #414456