Moving "Home Sweet Home" Forward
Buying a home is one of the most important purchases you will make. Our mortgage loan originators simplify the process, guiding you from application to closing. Whether you’re gathering information or ready to lock in a rate, we have a mortgage option for you.
The most common loan type with fixed rates and fewer fees.
- 15, 20, & 30-Year fixed rates*
- Finance options up to 97%
- Primary & secondary residence
Home Equity Loans
Get extra funds for whatever you may need.
- HELOAN and HELOC options
- Closing costs paid3
- 85% Maximum Loan-to-Value
For eligible veterans, reservists, and active-duty personnel.
- Fixed rates
- Refinance options available
- Finance options up to 100%
For those in rural areas/within the program’s income limits.
- 30-Year fixed rates*
- Refinance options available
- No down payment required
Are You Pre-Approved?
Mortgage pre-approval lets you shop smarter and make stronger offers in a competitive market, especially if you're a first-time homebuyer.
Reach out to our helpful mortgage team to get started.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM)
Don't let rising mortgage rates delay your next move. Our 10/1 Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) loan option helps homeowners save money now with initial lower payments. This is a great option for buyers who plan to live in their home for only a few years or think interest rates may go down in the future. Properties that qualify for our Adjustable Rate Mortgage are primary residences and second/vacation homes.4
- Lower inital monthly payments
- Base rate of 5.28%
- Fixed rate for the first 10 years
- Annual rate adjustments starting at year 11
Already have a mortgage but want a better rate? Looking to tap into your home’s equity? Depending on the terms of your current loan, market conditions and how long you plan to stay in your home, refinancing could be right for you.
- Cash Outs
- Lower Payments
- Shorter Terms
Land and Lot Loans
Looking to own a piece of land or build your dream home? Gulf Winds offers customized Land and Lot Loans to meet your needs.
- 5, 8 and 12-Year Terms Available*
- Up to 20 Acres
- Up to 75% LTV
Mortgage Calculators and Resources
From deciding how much home you can afford to estimating closing costs, we have the tools you need to make informed decisions about what loan is right for you.
*Mortgage Loan Payment Breakdowns
- A fixed-rate loan of $200,000 for 15 years at a rate of 6.250% and 6.360% APR will have a monthly payment of $1,714.85.
- A fixed-rate loan of $200,000 for 20 years at a rate of 6.375% and 6.463% APR will have a monthly payment of $1,476.46.
- A fixed-rate loan of $200,000 for 30 years at a rate of 6.625% and 6.693% APR will have a monthly payment of $1,280.62
- A fixed-rate loan of $75,000 for 5 years at a rate of 5.320% and 6.072% APR will have a monthly payment of $1,426.36.
- A fixed-rate loan of $75,000 for 8 years at a rate of 5.070% and 5.558% APR will have a monthly payment of $952.00
- A fixed-rate loan of $75,000 for 12 years at a rate of 5.030% and 5.369% APR will have a monthly payment of $694.80.
Loan Amount $200,000, Term: 30-years
- Years 1-10 with at a rate of 5.280% and 5.378% APR will have a monthly payment of $1,108.13
- Years 11-30 with a maximum rate of 10.280% and 10.413% APR will have a monthly payment of $1,796.66.*
*Our Adjustable Rate Mortgages have a fixed interest rate for the first 10-years and a variable rate that adjusts once a year starting at year 11. Your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) may increase after the original fixed-rate period.
- A fixed-rate loan of $50,0000 for 5 years at a rate of 6.320% and 6.320% APR will have a month payment of $974.10.
- A fixed-rate loan of $50,000 for 8 years at a rate of 6.070% and 6.07% APR will have a monthly payment of $658.78.
- A fixed-rate loan of $50,000 for 12 years at a rate of 6.030% and 6.030% APR will have a monthly payment of $488.70.
Helpful Homebuying Tips
Still have questions? Check out these tools to help better understand the homebuying process.
- Documents Needed for the Approval Process
- Understanding Your Credit
- First-Time Homebuyer’s Guide (PDF)
- Assistance Grants
- Home Equity Loans
My Gulf Winds loan officer made a point to help find financial help for my situation. She wouldn’t stop until she found a loan to fit my life.Kevin R.
850.479.9601 Ext. 463
850.650.6328 Ext. 752
Gary Brewer Jr.
850.479.9601 Ext. 280
Financial Learning Center
A mortgage is a loan that can allow you to buy a home, and you pay it back over many years with interest. Learn the basics about this type of loan before you make one of the biggest purchases of your life.
Gulf Winds Credit Union NMLS #414456
1 - Eligible veterans, reservists, and Active Duty personnel and their eligible spouses with suitable credit, sufficient income and a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE) can take advantage of 100% financing options with a VA Mortgage, guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs. A funding fee is required at closing. The fee is higher with a zero-down payment, and maximum loan limits vary by county. If a down payment of 5% or more is made, the fee is reduced. The VA funding fee is non-refundable. Ask for details about eligibility, documentation and other requirements. The property must be occupied by the veteran as their primary residence.
2 - Available on primary residences only. Certain property types are ineligible. Borrower(s) must not have an individual or joint ownership interest in any other residential property at time of closing. Homebuyer education may be required. Restrictions apply regarding co-borrowers. Maximum income and loan amount limits apply.
3 - Home Owners Insurance is required. Flood and Wind Insurance may be required, when applicable. Exclusions and limitations apply. Gulf Winds agrees to pay closing costs on new HELOANs and HELOCS with the exception of appraisal fees, title insurance, and any fees associated with Home Owner's Association. Closing costs can range from $150 to $1500. If the loan is paid off and closed in less than three years of the loan origination date, all closing costs paid by Gulf Winds Credit Union will require reimbursement. Closing costs depend on the location of the property, property type, and the amount of the Equity Loan. Consult your tax advisor about possible tax benefits. Owner-occupied property only and Gulf Winds Credit Union must be in a valid first or second lien position. Refer to HELOAN or HELOC application or ask your Mortgage Loan Officer for complete details. This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
4 - Our Adjustable Rate Mortgages have a fixed rate for the first 10-years and a variable rate that adjusts once a year for the final 20-years, starting at year 11. Your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) may increase after the original fixed-rate period. The First Adjusted Payments displayed are based on the current Constant Maturity Treasury (CMT) index, plus the margin (fully indexed rate) as of the stated effective date rounded to nearest 1/8th of one percent.