Leadership Message Spring 2021
April 1, 2021
Spring is in the air! We are leaving the winter behind us. Longer days, warmer weather and blossoming flowers usher in a hopeful season. Spring symbolizes growth and renewed life — perhaps this year more than ever. COVID vaccinations are ramping up and cases are trending down. Restaurants are open, concerts are being scheduled, and fans are returning to stadiums. There are glimpses that we may be emerging from the pandemic and enjoying brighter days ahead.
As the vaccination effort progresses, things become safer, and concerns begin to ease, I hope you can get out there and have some fun with loved ones. Give your grandmother a hug. Support your favorite local shop or restaurant. Enjoy the outdoors and all the natural beauty in this area. Go on an adventure! No matter what you decide to do or where you decide to go, we are ready to serve you with open branches, an expansive ATM network, and the convenience of mobile banking.
While things are looking up, there will still be a transition period to normalcy. Part of my job as the Executive Vice President of Strategy and Performance is to assess the social and economic trends to best position our credit union to succeed for our members. More simply, I lead a team that looks for emerging opportunities to serve you with competitive rates and products. We want to be a partner with you to build your best financial life.
Moving forward, we expect that savings rates will continue to be low. If you’re looking to get larger returns on your savings and investments, please consider a free consultation with our Raymond James team of advisors. While mortgage rates have risen recently, they are still historically low. Please let our team know if we can help you purchase or refinance a home.
Thank you for being a member and trusting us to be your financial partner. It’s a responsibility that we take seriously. We are proud to be your local credit union because we share so much with you as neighbors and friends. We are in this together, no matter the circumstances. Together, let’s welcome spring with optimism and excitement.
Executive Vice President of Strategy and Performance
- Gulf Winds Donates $15,000 Worth of Supplies for Hurricane Ida Relief Read More
- Chris Brooks Appointed Board Emeritus After 49 Years of Service Read More
- Chris Rutledge Named CEO of the Year by National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions Read More
- Remembering Our Friend and Board Member, Larry Blum Read More
- Nelson Whaley Appointed Board Emeritus After 31 Years of Service Read More
- Leadership Message Summer 2021 Read More
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Giving Back is in Our Jeans Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2021 Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, March 29 Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for April Read More
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds commits $25,000 for Hurricane Sally Relief Read More
- Leadership Message Fall 2020 Read More
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More