Gulf Winds Commits $100,000 to Combat COVID-19
Pensacola, FL., April 9, 2020 – As we are faced with the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Gulf Winds Credit Union stands with the communities we serve. Guided by the credit union philosophy of People Helping People, Gulf Winds has committed $100,000 through the Gulf Winds Cares Program to combat COVID-19 and its many effects on our society.
“There are countless people in our community being directly or indirectly impacted by the pandemic,” said Gulf Winds’ CEO/President, Chris Rutledge. “We are fully committed to helping our members and team through this event, but we also want to do our part to support the broader community.”
Gulf Winds has donated $65,000 to Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola to help the hospital purchase personal protection equipment or PPE for its staff. This donation is equivalent to the cost of one month’s worth of PPE under normal circumstances at Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital.
“During this difficult time, we are grateful to have companies like Gulf Winds who are willing to use their resources to fund support of personal protection equipment,” said Carol Carlan, President of Ascension Sacred Heart Foundation. “Their gift will help hundreds of employees and patients who are impacted during this time of greatest need.”
Hospitals in our Alabama service area received $8,000 to purchase PPE.
The remaining $27,000 went to first responders across our service area. They were provided protective equipment including hazmat suits, N95 masks, cotton masks, gloves, cleaning products and over 100 gallons of hand sanitizer. The Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office Community Fund received $5,000 to provide meals to seniors in need.
- Gulf Winds Donates $15,000 Worth of Supplies for Hurricane Ida Relief Read More
- Chris Brooks Appointed Board Emeritus After 49 Years of Service Read More
- Chris Rutledge Named CEO of the Year by National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions Read More
- Remembering Our Friend and Board Member, Larry Blum Read More
- Nelson Whaley Appointed Board Emeritus After 31 Years of Service Read More
- Leadership Message Summer 2021 Read More
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Giving Back is in Our Jeans Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2021 Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, March 29 Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for April Read More
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds commits $25,000 for Hurricane Sally Relief Read More
- Leadership Message Fall 2020 Read More
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More