Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation
Gulf Winds is proud to announce the establishment of the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation. The Foundation will begin providing donations to trusted community partners beginning this January.
Gulf Winds believes in the credit union philosophy of people helping people and the value of being an active part of the communities where our members and team members live, work, worship and attend school.
The Gulf Winds Cares Foundation will formalize and manage Gulf Winds’ philanthropic efforts as a nonprofit 501C3 organization. More directly, the mission of the Foundation is, “To create a sustainable funding source for community organizations that provide services for youth, seniors, basic needs and financial education.”
Creating the Foundation is an exciting new chapter in a long history of giving back to the community. In 2020 alone, Gulf Winds provided donations to 40 nonprofit organizations. Most of these donations went to support the core programming of local nonprofits. This type of funding can be depended on year after year, helping our partners spend more time serving people and less time fundraising.
Donations were also provided to address several crisis situations this year. Donations to hospitals and first responders purchased equipment to help protect those that are protecting us during the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, donations were provided to organizations helping those impacted by Hurricane Sally.
Gulf Winds’ team members embodied the giving spirit this year, donating over $25,000 to local charities. A donation was provided to the Children’s Miracle Network at the Studer Family Children’s Hospital as part of the casual day jeans program. The team also voted to forego the Employee Appreciation Event this year, donating those earmarked funds to support local food banks.
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds commits $25,000 for Hurricane Sally Relief Read More
- Leadership Message Fall 2020 Read More
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for October Read More
- President's Message Summer 2020 Read More
- Online Banking Will Stop Working on Internet Explorer Oct. 6 Read More
- Gulf Winds Affirms Values of Equality and Respect Read More
- Gulf Winds Credit Union Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Gulf Winds Commits $100,000 to Combat COVID-19 Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2020 Read More
- New Branch Now Open in Downtown Tallahassee! Read More
- 2020 Annual Member Survey Read More
- Gulf Winds Rated 5-Stars since Dec. 1994 Read More
- Meet Your Executive Team Read More