Safety Features to Look for in a New Car
Are you in the market for a new set of wheels for your family? You will want something safe for your family to ride in everyday and for those long family road trips. But how do you decide which cars are the safest, and what kind of safety features should you be looking for? We suggest spending some time researching and thinking about what you want in your new car, but here is a good place to start!
360-degree camera. For cars that do not come with this feature, or a back up camera, there are websites that sell seperate back up cameras that can be installed to almost any car!
Must-have saftey features:
- 360-degree camera: This camera takes the risk factor out of backing up by giving drivers a bird’s-eye view of the car. This way, drivers can see the entire area surrounding their vehicle and check for children and objects in their way.
- Evasive steering: Keep yourself safe even in the event of surprises on the road with this handy new feature. Evasive steering will provide you with additional steering support when you’re in danger of colliding with another vehicle and your own steering efforts are not sufficient.
- Blind spot alert: This feature alerts the driver when there is an object or pedestrian in direct line of their blind spot.
- Forward collision warning: If you’re prone to distraction while behind the wheel, you might want this feature. It provides a visual and/or audible alert when your vehicle is heading toward a forward collision.
- Automatic emergency braking: Stay safe with this feature, which automatically applies the brakes when it senses a vehicle in your car’s way. Some systems include pedestrian detection as well.