The Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Commits $25,000 to support the University of West Florida’s Louis Maygarden Center
Pensacola, FL. — November 3, 2021 — The Gulf Winds Cares Foundation is gifting $25,000 over five years to the University of West Florida’s Louis Maygarden Center for Financial Literacy. The gift will help the Center provide a series of quarterly financial literacy workshops available for free to the community. The workshops will be in January, March, June and October of 2022. Further information about the workshops will be available when details are finalized.
“It is always exciting when great community partners step up to meet one of the most pressing needs of our community,” said Dr. Richard Fountain, dean of the College of Business. “This generous gift from Gulf Winds will enhance the Maygarden Center for Financial Literacy’s efforts to provide financial literacy instruction to members of the University and community.”
Housed in the College of Business, the Maygarden Center aims to increase awareness of and access to effective financial education. The Center collaborates with successful providers of financial education to provide a pathway to competency in financial literacy. The Center offers various learning opportunities including workshops, seminars, and a speaker series. For more information about the Maygarden Center for Financial Literacy, visit uwf.edu/financialliterracy.
The Gulf Winds Cares Foundation was started in January 2021 with the mission to, “create a sustainable funding source for community organizations that provide services for youth, seniors, basic needs and financial education.” This donation marks a key step forward to providing financial education resources to Gulf Winds Credit Union members and the public.
“The Foundation is proud to support the Louis Maygarden Center for Financial Literacy,” said Kurt Stenerson, the President of the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation. “Gulf Winds believes in the value of financial education. We are committed to providing resources to help people make good financial decisions and live their best financial life.”
The Gulf Winds Cares Foundation commits $25,000 over the next five years to support the University of West Florida's Louis Maygarden Center for Financial Literacy. The donation will fund financial literacy workshops available to the public beginning in January 2022.
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Pledges $75,000 to Junior Achievement Read More
- Remembering Our Friend and Board Member, Jim Taylor Read More
- The Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Commits $25,000 to support the University of West Florida’s Louis Maygarden Center Read More
- Gulf Winds Donates $15,000 Worth of Supplies for Hurricane Ida Relief Read More
- Chris Brooks Appointed Board Emeritus After 49 Years of Service Read More
- Chris Rutledge Named CEO of the Year by National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions Read More
- Remembering Our Friend and Board Member, Larry Blum Read More
- Nelson Whaley Appointed Board Emeritus After 31 Years of Service Read More
- Leadership Message Summer 2021 Read More
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Giving Back is in Our Jeans Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2021 Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, March 29 Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for April Read More
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More