President's Message Winter 2021
January 4, 2021
The start of a new year is always an exciting time, perhaps this year more than ever. 2020 challenged us — as individuals and as a Credit Union. As I reflect on all that happened, it is not the hardships of a global pandemic or unexpected hurricane that stand out, but the resilience of our members and team. As they say, “when the going gets tough, the tough get going.” It is with this spirit that Gulf Winds achieved some important milestones, despite the many obstacles.
In the last year, our membership grew to more than 70,000. This growth continues as we accept new members daily from Alabama, Georgia and across North Florida. We earned Bauer’s superior 5-star rating for the 106th straight quarter, a signal of our strength and stability as an institution. We redesigned our online loan application to make it easier and quicker than ever to fund loan requests from our members. And we updated our statements, providing further clarity on your financial standing.
In response to the pandemic, we expanded our drive-thru services and started offering appointments in our branches. We modified our Contact Center to protect the safety of our team while ensuring there is always someone to answer your call. Our financial resources provided relief for our members
impacted by the economic downturn, and we provided meaningful support to many community partners and organizations.
Moving forward, we will continue to make member-focused, prudent decisions to improve your experience as a member. Our investment in technology remains a priority. Not surprisingly, Online and Mobile Banking saw record use this year and we look forward to providing you new tools that allow you to conveniently bank anytime, anywhere.
Since our founding in 1954, we have weathered many storms together. We don’t know what challenges this new year has for us, but you can be sure we will remain a dependable partner that can take on anything. Thank you for being a member. I hope you join me in welcoming 2021 with optimism and
Chris J. Rutledge,
President & CEO
- Gulf Winds Donates $15,000 Worth of Supplies for Hurricane Ida Relief Read More
- Chris Brooks Appointed Board Emeritus After 49 Years of Service Read More
- Chris Rutledge Named CEO of the Year by National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions Read More
- Remembering Our Friend and Board Member, Larry Blum Read More
- Nelson Whaley Appointed Board Emeritus After 31 Years of Service Read More
- Leadership Message Summer 2021 Read More
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Giving Back is in Our Jeans Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2021 Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, March 29 Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for April Read More
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds commits $25,000 for Hurricane Sally Relief Read More
- Leadership Message Fall 2020 Read More
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More