President's Message Summer 2020
June 19, 2020
We are just halfway through 2020, and it’s already been a historic and challenging year. COVID-19 has required all of us to make changes and sacrifices. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we try to find the right balance between remaining safe and continuing to provide the services you need. Our branches are now open and it’s our plan to keep them open. Of course, we’ll evaluate and make adjustments along the way.
The pandemic has also caused serious economic impacts for many in our communities. We’ve seen a dramatic increase in financial need and, as always, we’re here for our members. If you are experiencing financial hardship with the economic downturn, please reach out to us so we can understand your story.
As things move towards normalcy, we will continue to make decisions that protect the well-being of our members — as guided by the credit union philosophy of People Helping People. This simple and invaluable concept, People Helping People, brings me to address the recent senseless deaths in our country. Like many of you, we at Gulf Winds are alarmed and saddened by these tragedies. Since 1954, we have served a diverse membership and fostered an inclusive environment. In these times of uncertainty and turmoil, we affirm our values of equality and respect. These values are our underlying strength and are central to serving members.
Further, we recognize it is essential to reinforce these values with action. Through our Gulf Winds Cares program, we pride ourselves in charitable investments that benefit our communities. We plan to build on these investments and will continue to look for opportunities to grow as an organization.
We are listening. We are learning. We are striving for positive and lasting change. Let’s support each other and lift each other up. Our actions, both big and small, can make a difference.
Chris J. Rutledge,
President & CEO
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Giving Back is in Our Jeans Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2021 Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, March 29 Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for April Read More
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds commits $25,000 for Hurricane Sally Relief Read More
- Leadership Message Fall 2020 Read More
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for October Read More
- President's Message Summer 2020 Read More
- Online Banking Will Stop Working on Internet Explorer Oct. 6 Read More
- Gulf Winds Affirms Values of Equality and Respect Read More
- Gulf Winds Credit Union Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Gulf Winds Commits $100,000 to Combat COVID-19 Read More