International Credit Union Day 2019
Gulf Winds: Local Service. Global Reach.
Gulf Winds joins credit unions from around the world in recognition of International Credit Union (ICU) Day® on October 17, 2019.
There are 200+ million credit union members around the world — more than 100 million in the U.S. alone — and Gulf Winds joins them in celebration of the not-for-profit cooperative spirit that all credit unions share.
This cooperative spirit has led to life-changing opportunities for people all over the world who’ve wanted to start a small business, own a home, or continue their education but were denied access to other financial institutions. In many parts of the world, people’s first taste of democracy is through their credit union, where “one member, one vote” is the governing structure.
At its most basic level, a credit union is people pooling their money to provide each other with affordable loans — it is literally people helping people. This is why Gulf Winds celebrates ICU Day because credit unions empower people, wherever they are in the world or life, to take control of their financial future.
The public is welcome to stop by any Gulf Winds branch on October 17 to enjoy a sweet treat to celebrate a movement that concerns itself with the financial success of all people.
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Giving Back is in Our Jeans Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2021 Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, March 29 Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for April Read More
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds commits $25,000 for Hurricane Sally Relief Read More
- Leadership Message Fall 2020 Read More
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for October Read More
- President's Message Summer 2020 Read More
- Online Banking Will Stop Working on Internet Explorer Oct. 6 Read More
- Gulf Winds Affirms Values of Equality and Respect Read More
- Gulf Winds Credit Union Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Gulf Winds Commits $100,000 to Combat COVID-19 Read More