Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election
Four positions on the Gulf Winds Board of Directors will be filled this year. Each nominee must meet certain qualifications, be a member in good standing, and be at least 18 years of age. An appointed nominating committee has selected the following four qualified candidates for their vacancies:
Vance Bateman (3 Year Term)
For the past 55 years, you have elected me to serve as an official in our credit union, including 22 years as your President and Chairman of the Board. Together we have grown from a small one-room operation to a large full-service financial institution with branches in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Milton, Tallahassee, Crawfordville, Atmore, Brewton, and Monroeville. Gulf Winds will always need to experience managed growth and have to make changes in order to continue to compete successfully in the financial market of today – while at the same time keeping our values way of doing business matched with what our membership has been accustomed to. Thanks to an excellent management team, a great staff, a group of dedicated officials and a supportive membership, we continue to be ready to meet all future challenges.
Gerald Eady (3 Year Term)
I have served on the Gulf Winds Board of Directors for the past 33 years. Since my days as a Monsanto employee, I have watched Gulf Winds grow and flourish. To maintain the level of service each of us has come to expect through the years, Gulf Winds needs knowledgeable and experienced volunteers who recognize today’s financial challenges, as well as its opportunities. I feel my experience and willingness to serve make me a valuable asset to your Board of Directors. The success of our credit union is a result of a combined effort of management, staff, and volunteers dedicated to providing excellent member service and industry-leading financial products. I want Gulf Winds to continue to be recognized as one that values its members, provides service that soars above the competition and is a great employer in the areas we serve.
Nelson Whaley (3 Year Term)
I have been a member of Monsanto Employees Credit Union and Gulf Winds Credit Union since 1955 and have had the opportunity over the years to use the products and services our credit union offers. I have had the privilege of serving on the Board of Directors for 31 years. I would like to thank members for their support in the past. If re-elected to your Board of Directors, I will continue to work with my fellow board members and the management team to help Gulf Winds continue to be the finest member-owned financial institution in the area.
Bill Fritchman (3 Year Term)
I served on the SCORE Federal Credit Union Board of Directors for 37 years and I was President of the SCORE Board for three separate terms. I have served on your board of directors for the past eight years following the merger with Gulf Winds. I am solidly in line with the philosophy of credit unions – People Helping People – and seek to continue to participate in its activities. I will work hard on behalf of the
members of Gulf Winds.
Election Notes: If a member meets the qualifications and desires to run for a credit union office, but was not nominated by the nominating committee, he or she may be placed on the ballot by means of petition. The petition (official forms package available from the Gulf Winds administration office) must be signed by 10% of Gulf Winds’ members over age 18 years. The petition must be returned to the administration office no later than February 8, 2021. Candidates by petition must also submit a brief resume of qualifications and a signed certificate that they are agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected. All nominees’ names are certified by the nominating committee before they are recognized as official candidates. If there is only one candidate for each vacancy, a mail ballot will not be conducted. Pursuant to the bylaws, there will be no nominations from the floor at the business meeting.
- Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Giving Back is in Our Jeans Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2021 Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, March 29 Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for April Read More
- Service Update — Safety is Our Top Priority Read More
- President's Message Winter 2021 Read More
- Announcing the Gulf Winds Cares Foundation Read More
- Candidates for 2021 Board of Directors Election Read More
- 2019 Annual Business Meeting Report Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening Monday, October 19, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds commits $25,000 for Hurricane Sally Relief Read More
- Leadership Message Fall 2020 Read More
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for October Read More
- President's Message Summer 2020 Read More
- Online Banking Will Stop Working on Internet Explorer Oct. 6 Read More
- Gulf Winds Affirms Values of Equality and Respect Read More
- Gulf Winds Credit Union Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Gulf Winds Commits $100,000 to Combat COVID-19 Read More