Candidates for 2020 Board of Directors Election
Three positions on the Gulf Winds Board of Directors will be filled this year. Each nominee must meet certain qualifications, be a member in good standing and be at least 18 years of age. An appointed nominating committee has selected the following three qualified candidates for
Fred Houston (3 Year Term)
I have had the privilege of serving Gulf Winds Credit Union for more than 55 years. I have seen our credit union grow from five million dollars in 1967 to over $700 million as we begin 2020. With my experience and desire to be of continued service to the membership, I will work toward keeping our credit union financially sound, with special emphasis on products and services that will help you save money and make your life better. Our credit union continues to look for improved methods to serve our members, who are very important to us.
I ask for your vote and support so that I can continue working with the entire Gulf Winds team to provide the best service to all our members. Thank you in advance for your support.
Shelly Fountain (3 Year Term)
I’ve served on the Board of Directors for 33 years and I would like to continue serving our members. Through my years of tenure, I have gained knowledge and experience by attending continuing education and training meetings to qualify me as an effective board member. Gulf Winds has been and will be successful because of members like you and an active and educated Board of Directors.
I would like to continue to be part of the decision-making process to help keep our credit union successful in the future. I solicit your vote and support during this election. Thank you for supporting me over the years.
Jim Taylor (3 Year Term)
With the merger of SCORE FCU with Gulf Winds, I was selected to become a board member of Gulf Winds. I have many years of credit union experience, having spent over 46 years in volunteer positions and over 28 years in management positions. Gulf Winds is fully aware of the future needs of its members and has set goals and developed objectives to meet these needs.
I support the direction that Gulf Winds is taking and wish to remain a director in order to provide my credit union knowledge and experience to help keep Gulf Winds one of the strongest credit unions in the country. Thank you for your support.
Election Notes: If a member meets the qualifications and desires to run for a credit union office, but was not nominated by the nominating committee, he or she may be placed on the ballot by means of petition. The petition (official forms package available from the Gulf Winds administration office) must be signed by 10% of Gulf Winds members over age 18 years. The petition must be returned to the administration office no later than January 31, 2020. Candidates by petition must also submit a brief resume of qualifications and a signed certificate that they are agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected. All nominees’ names are certified by the nominating committee before they are recognized as official candidates. If there is only one candidate for each vacancy, a mail ballot will not be conducted. Pursuant to the bylaws, there will be no nominations from the floor at the business meeting.
- Important Service Updates - Reopening after Hurricane Sally Read More
- Annual Business Meeting Scheduled for October Read More
- President's Message Summer 2020 Read More
- Online Banking Will Stop Working on Internet Explorer Oct. 6 Read More
- Gulf Winds Affirms Values of Equality and Respect Read More
- Branch Lobbies Reopening June 4, 2020 Read More
- Gulf Winds Credit Union Provides $20,000 in Scholarship Funding Read More
- Gulf Winds Commits $100,000 to Combat COVID-19 Read More
- Leadership Message Spring 2020 Read More
- New Branch Now Open in Downtown Tallahassee! Read More
- 2020 Annual Member Survey Read More
- Gulf Winds Rated 5-Stars since Dec. 1994 Read More
- Meet Your Executive Team Read More
- Candidates for 2020 Board of Directors Election Read More
- President's Message Read More
- International Credit Union Day 2019 Read More
- Gulf Winds Opens New Branch in Monroeville Read More
- President's Message Read More
- Gulf Winds Rated 5-Stars for 101 Consecutive Quarters Read More
- 2019 Scholarship Recipients Read More