It's fast, safe, convenient and accepted at millions of Visa debit locations worldwide.
Gulf Winds VISA Debit Card Advantages
- Use with Apple PayTM, Samsung Pay, and Google PayTM.
- A Visa Debit Card may look like a credit card, but acts like a check because the purchase amount is deducted from the cardholder's checking account.
- Cardholders can make purchases at millions of Visa debit locations worldwide. No need to use your PIN — just sign as you would for any Visa card.
- The Visa Debit Card allows you to conveniently get cash back with no extra charge at participating merchants. Because Visa Debit Card purchases are automatically deducted from your checking account, there is no interest to pay.
- The Visa Debit Card can be used at locations such as supermarkets, retail stores, restaurants, gas stations and online.
- The Visa Debit Card is quicker than going to the ATM, more convenient than writing checks and safer than carrying cash.
- The Visa Debit Card offers cardholders zero liability in cases of card fraud, theft or unauthorized card purchases when used in signature-based transactions.
- No need to get check copies. Your monthly Gulf Winds statement provides you with a detailed record of all your transactions.
*A non-proprietary ATM is an ATM that does not prominently display the Gulf Winds and/or CO-OP Network name or logo on the ATM. When you use a non-proprietary ATM, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used.
Text Message Fraud Alerts
Members that use Gulf Winds Visa debit cards may receive text messages from us if we need to confirm account activity. How does it work?
Step 1 - Our fraud monitoring system will keep an eye on your transaction activity. If it sees something unusual, you'll get a text notification.
Step 2 - If the transaction is legitimate, simply reply YES to the text message. If you did not make the transaction listed, reply NO.
Example of a fraud text alert:
"FreeMSG Gulf Winds Credit Union Fraud Center 877-253-8964 $123.45 on card 1234 at Walmart, if valid reply YES, fraud NO. To Opt Out, STOP.
Need to file a claim?
If a transaction has been posted to your account that you did not authorize, easily report it online, in a branch or over the phone. Our online system makes the claim-filing process simple without needing to speak to a Gulf Winds team member first!
- Log into online banking and select the account containing the transaction(s) in question.
- For single transaction dispute: Click the ellipsis icon (three vertical dots) next to a specific transaction to dispute only that transaction.
- For multiple transaction dispute: Click the ellipsis icon (three vertical dots) in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to dispute multiple transactions.
- Read the acknowledgement and click 'Dispute Transactions' to proceed.
- Confirm the transactions to dispute are correct and click 'Continue Dispute' to proceed.
- Answer all questions and click 'Submit Dispute.'
After submitting your dispute, a window will appear confirming that your dispute was submitted. Any transactions that have been disputed will have a red flag next to them in your transaction history. Expand the transaction history to see a real-time status of your claim.
NOTE: Transactions can only be disputed once posted to your account.
For Fraud Alerts support, call 1.800.650.6328. By giving us your mobile number, you agree that Fraud Alerts text messaging is authorized to notify you of suspected incidents of financial or identity fraud.
Release of Liability: Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in the range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Gulf Winds Credit Union cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the availability of data services provided by your mobile carrier, such as (but not limited to) data outages or “out of range” issues.