About Gulf Winds
Your best financial life starts here.
As a full-service financial institution, Gulf Winds Federal Credit Union provides a wide range of accounts and banking services designed to help members live their best financial lives.
In other words, banking with Gulf Winds isn’t just banking; it’s a relationship developed by helping you live life on your own terms. We care about the things that matter to you – that first car, college tuition, weddings, homes, retirement – all the dreams and responsibilities that fill your life. As a non-profit credit union, we focus on finding banking solutions that empower you to build the best financial life for you and your family.
Back in 1954, starting with just a few employees, we began helping members with their financial goals. Today, we carry over $627 million in assets and our 60,000+ members enjoy the conveniences of 12 branch locations along with a nationwide network of CO-OP ATMs. With our comprehensive mobile and online banking services, you can stay close to your money no matter where you live or travel. Take a look at all we offer to see what works best for you.
- We will build a strong Relationship with our members, by offering the products that meet their needs and enhance their financial well-being.
- We will provide Service beyond the expectations of our members, across all channels and delivery platforms.
- We will Communicate with our members and provide relevant, timely guidance and education in order to build trust in our brand.
- We will provide Solutions to challenges when they arise and be proactive in our planning to meet the changing needs of our members and the communities we serve.
- We will work diligently to improve our communities in order to enhance the quality of life in our Gulf Coast market.
- We are a Cooperative, owned by and operated for the benefit of all Members.
- Gulf Winds will make doing business with us Easy, and we will strive to Find a Way to Say Yes.
- Each Team Member will take Ownership of the Member’s experience, operate in a Responsible and Caring manner, and Educate our Members.
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla, or Jefferson Counties, Florida and Escambia County, Alabama.
- Businesses and other legal entities located in the above counties.
- Members, employees, and churches of the African Methodist Episcopal churches within the Florida Annual Conference comprised of Gadsden, Leon, Madison, Jefferson, Taylor, Wakulla, Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Washington, Bay, Jackson, Calhoun, Gulf, Liberty, and Franklin Counties, Florida.
- Anyone who is an immediate family member of a current member.
There’s plenty of room for everyone. Ready to join? It's easy – let's get started.
What’s the difference between a bank and a credit union?
Bottom-line: We work to help members, banks make profits for shareholders. And that difference is huge. Unlike banks, at Gulf Winds, our members are owners – people just like you who want to save money, get a loan, and make their financial life easy. Every member owns an equal “share” in Gulf Winds, regardless of how much money they have in their account. As a non-profit, our earnings directly benefit you in the form of higher savings rates, better loan rates and lower fees. This isn’t a newfangled idea; for more than 100 years credit unions have been serving people who simply want a place to bank that isn’t, well, a bank.
History & Structure
Gulf Winds Federal Credit Union, formerly Chemstrand Employees Credit Union and Monsanto Employees Credit Union, was organized April 9, 1954. The credit union is directed by a volunteer Board of Directors presently composed of 13 members. The Board of Directors, elected by the general membership, appoints a Supervisory Committee of four individuals who watch over the financial soundness of the credit union. The Board also hires a management team, composed of the President/CEO and others, who manage the daily activities of the credit union.