It's fast, safe, convenient and accepted at millions of Visa debit locations worldwide.
Gulf Winds VISA Debit Card Advantages
- Use with Apple PayTM, Samsung Pay, and Google PayTM.
- A Visa Debit Card may look like a credit card, but acts like a check because the purchase amount is deducted from the cardholder's checking account.
- Cardholders can make purchases at millions of Visa debit locations worldwide. No need to use your PIN — just sign as you would for any Visa card.
- The Visa Debit Card allows you to conveniently get cash back with no extra charge at participating merchants. Because Visa Debit Card purchases are automatically deducted from your checking account, there is no interest to pay.
- The Visa Debit Card can be used at locations such as supermarkets, retail stores, restaurants, gas stations and online.
- The Visa Debit Card is quicker than going to the ATM, more convenient than writing checks and safer than carrying cash.
- The Visa Debit Card offers cardholders zero liability in cases of card fraud, theft or unauthorized card purchases when used in signature-based transactions.
- No need to get check copies. Your monthly Gulf Winds statement provides you with a detailed record of all your transactions.
*A non-proprietary ATM is an ATM that does not prominently display the Gulf Winds and/or CO-OP Network name or logo on the ATM. When you use a non-proprietary ATM, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used.
Text Message Fraud Alerts
Gulf Winds Visa debit cardholders will now receive text messages to alert you of potentially fraudulent activity.
How does it work?
- Step 1 - Our fraud monitoring system will continue to keep an eye on your transaction activity, and if it sees something unusual, you'll get a text notification.
- Step 2 - If the purchase is legitimate, simply reply YES to the text message. If you did not make this purchase, reply NO.
Example of fraud text alert:
"FreeMSG Gulf Winds Credit Union Fraud Center 877-253-8964 $125.46 on card 1234 at Walmart, if valid reply YES, fraud NO. To Opt Out, STOP."
For Fraud Alerts support, call 1.800.650.6328. By giving us your mobile number, you agree that Fraud Alerts text messaging is authorized to notify you of suspected incidents of financial or identity fraud.
Release of Liability: Alerts sent via SMS may not delivered to you if your phone is not in the range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within coverage, factors beyond the control of any carrier may interfere with messages delivery for which the carrier is not responsible. No carrier will guarantee that alerts will be delivered.